Discover how specialist and primary care collaboration in complex endocrinology
health care can benefit you and your patients.
Improve Access to Complex Care Treatment
Patients with complex medical conditions in New Jersey sometimes wait up to six months to see a specialist.
Improve Patient Outcomes
Investing time to learn how to provide specialty treatment to your patients in your primary care office, where they are most comfortable, can improve patient outcomes.
Grow Your Primary Care Practice Capacity
Research shows that providers who attend Project ECHO sessions increase their ability to treat patients and offer community resources and referrals to patients and caregivers. When multiple providers in one practice attend the same or different ECHOs, capacity to treat patients expands exponentially.
How to Participate
Access your ECHO clinics from anywhere, using your computer or mobile device.
- Register for your Project ECHO of choice
- 1 CME credit available per each 60-minute full session attended
- No-charge consultation with a multidisciplinary team of specialists on active cases
- Attend a minimum of 12 out of 48 ECHO clinic sessions over a period of one year
- Present a minimum of one de-identified case per quarter
- No homework
- IT support available
After participating in ECHO, providers will be able to:
- Effectively diagnose complex endocrinology disease states according to evidence-based guidelines
- Formulate and implement acceptable treatment modalities for complex endocrinology disease states according to evidence-based guidelines
- Identify and integrate comorbid conditions in complex endocrinology disease state treatment plans according to evidence-based guidelines
- Identify and conduct appropriate community resource referrals for patients with complex endocrinology disease states and their caregivers
Complex Endocrinology ECHO Session Leaders
Stephen Schneider, MD, Endocrinologist
Louis Amorosa, MD, Endocrinologist
Jackie Plick, APN, Diabetes Educator
Mary Bridgeman, PharmD, Pharmacist
Laura Montenegro, MSW, LSW, Social Worker
Complex Endocrinology ECHO Curriculum
Thursdays 7:30-8:30 am
NEED MORE INFO?
ACCREDITATION: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset is accredited by the Medical Society of New Jersey to provide CME for physicians.