Discover how specialist and primary care collaboration in chronic pain management
care can benefit you and your patients. Questions? Let us know how to reach you.
Improve Access to Complex Care Treatment
Patients with complex medical conditions in New Jersey sometimes wait up to six months to see a specialist.
Improve Patient Outcomes
Investing time to learn how to provide specialty treatment to your patients in your primary care office, where they are most comfortable, can improve patient outcomes.
Grow Your Primary Care Practice Capacity
Research shows that providers who attend Project ECHO sessions increase their ability to treat patients and offer community resources and referrals to patients and caregivers. When multiple providers in one practice attend the same or different ECHOs, capacity to treat patients expands exponentially.
How to Participate
Access your ECHO clinics from anywhere, using your computer or mobile device.
- Register for your Project ECHO of choice
- 1 CME credit available per each 60-minute full session attended
- No-charge consultation with a multidisciplinary team of specialists on active cases
- Attend a minimum of 12 ECHO clinic sessions
- Present a minimum of one de-identified case per quarter
- No homework
- IT support available
After participating in ECHO, providers will be able to:
- Be able to describe the screening tools useful for management of chronic pain in primary care setting, including those measuring pain intensity, function, and addiction risk.
- Identify pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities available for patients.
- Self-regulate attitudes and beliefs about patient presentations to provide safe and effective chronic pain management.
- Demonstrate ways to manage requests for opioid therapy from patients for whom this type of therapy is appropriate, and those for whom it is not appropriate.
Chronic Pain ECHO Session Leaders
Scott Mellender, MD, Anesthesiologist
Iqbal Jafri, MD, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist
Daniel Abazia, PharmD, Pharmacist
Ann Hirschman, APN, Family Nurse Practitioner
Chronic Pain ECHO Curriculum
Fridays 7:30-8:30 am